Hey hey bees! How you all doing? We hope you survived last week’s heat wave? Oh my, it was hot. We were melting here at The Hive! Trying to keep cool, we resorted to wearing minimal clothing (don’t worry, of course we were still decent) and the fridge was totally cleaned out of Just Bee by the worker bees!
With temperatures above 30 degrees, it’s out with the steaming hot bowls of porridge and in with cooling summer breakfasts. To inspire you for the week ahead, we thought we’d share a few of our favourites including our BEElicious tropical inspired overnight oats recipe. Enjoy!
(did you know honeybees regulate their temperature just by fanning their wings, keeping the hive at 32-35 degrees! Watch out for a blog on helping bees in the heat, coming soon!)
Summer breakfast ideas:
- Just Bee overnight oats recipe:
- See below for Chef Bee’s Tropical Mango Coconut Overnight Oats
- Just Bee blueberry smoothie recipe:
- Just Bee breakfast bowl recipes:
- Check out our previous post for a Green Power, Berry Beet or Cacao Orange Smoothie Bowl! (https://www.justbeedrinks.co.uk/honey-inspired-smoothie-recipes/)
- And coming soon: watch out for our Greek inspired honey-nut brunch, we’ll be perfecting it this week 🙂
Now for the recipe you’ve all been waiting for…
Chef Bee’s Tropical Mango & Coconut Overnight Oats
Time: 10 minutes (+ chill overnight).
Serves: 1 hot and hungry bee!
Effort: incredibly straightforward.
- 1/2 cup (approx. 45g) oats
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut (plus an extra sprinkle for topping)
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup coconut milk (or regular cows milk if you prefer)
- ½ cup Greek/natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp. runny honey (plus an extra drizzle for topping)
- 1 small ripe mango, chopped into chunks
- Bee pollen (optional, but we think it’s BEElicious)
- Place all the ingredients except for the mango and bee pollen into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm or pour into a large sealable jar or tupperwear and then refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with freshly sliced mango, an extra sprinkle of coconut, a drizzle of honey (we use Pa Harper’s, but any British wildflower is good!) and a smidge of bee pollen. Enjoy!
Well there you have it bees – we hope we’ve given you plenty of summer breakfast ideas! As you might have gathered, breakfast at The Hive is pretty important and you can count on Chef Bee’s recipes to give you the added buzz you need! We’d love to hear how you get on with this recipe or to hear about your favourite breakfast creations too. Drop a message to email@example.com or tag us on our socials @justbeedrinks. As always we’ll send our favourite a free Just Bee gift box!
Have a great week BEEuties.
Blogger Bee x